Home Insurance - Sunshine Coast Insurance Brokers

Home Insurance

Home Insurance helps protect you against things that are out of your control, such as damage from natural disasters like storms and fires.

Home Insurance

Here at Orchard Financial Group we can help you and give you the tools to insure your property. There is a lot to think about if the worst thing happens – you lose your home. We would look at a range of extra or ‘supplementary’ cost to cover you for the unexpected including paying for:

  • Alternative accommodation while rebuilding your house
  • Removal of debris from the site
  • Architects or other professional to draw up plans
  • Lodging plans with your local council
The insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your home, including fixtures.

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance covers you for damage or loss to your personal possessions which is located within your home. It includes everything that you would take from your home if you move including kitchen appliances, furniture, curtains, bedding, clothing, television, jewellery and computer equipment. Some policies will provide cover for personal items within Australia such as laptops, music players, mobile phone and camera’s.

Contents Insurance (sometimes known as Household Insurance) covers the possessions belonging to you and members of your family. This usually means belongings of your husband, wife, partner, children and other people living with you are protected.

Most content insurance policies will cover damage to or loss of your contents as a result of insured items such as:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Storm
  • Burst water pipes

Call the friendly team at Orchard Insurance Brokers or drop into our office at Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast, to discuss a suitable Home and Contents Insurance policy for your needs.

Flood Cover

Customers sometimes express their uncertainty as to whether their policy adequately covers the event of a ‘flood’ and what actually defines a flood. The reality is that all policies are different and it is important to select the right policy to suit your requirements. Please always read the Product Disclaimer Statement when purchasing a policy.

The Federal Government’s legal definition of flood is ‘the covering of normally dry land by water that has escaped or been released from the normal confines of any lake, river, creek or other natural watercourse, whether or not altered or modified; or any reservoir, canal or dam.’

A Flood does not mean:

Heavy downpours of rain (unless they actually cause a ‘flood’)
Sea or ocean movements (such as storm surges, high tides or wave action)
Tsunamis (which may be covered as ‘earthquakes’)

Call the friendly team at Orchard Insurance Brokers or drop into our office at Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast, to discuss a suitable Flood Cover Insurance policy for your needs.

Get started

Take the first step towards finding your right finance solution and let us do the hard work for you.

Get the right home insurance at the right rate

If you could pay less for home and contents insurance and get more cover, would you? Of course you would, but finding the right options takes time to do yourself so most people leave it in the too hard basket. What if someone else does it for you, for free? It’s a no brainer!

Speak to David Orchard on the Sunshine Coast about getting a free review for your home and contents insurance premiums (plus business insurance, landlord insurance and vehicle insurance) today.